Centre for Assessment of Medical Technology in Örebro (CAMTÖ)
Centre for Assessment of Medical Technology in Örebro (CAMTÖ) is a centre serving the whole of Örebro County Council, commissioned to promote Evidence Based Medicine and to act as an advisory body within the County Council in matters related to Health Technology Assessment
Work is focused on five main areas
- Education and training in Evidence Based Medicine
- To asses new medical technologies when required for decisions within Örebro County Council, or as otherwise necessary
- Implementation of Health Technology Assessment reports from national authorities, primarily from SBU (Swedish Council on Technology Assessment in Health Care) but also, where applicable, from the Swedish Board of Health and Welfare
- Measures for quality improvement of medical outcomes, within Örebro County Council, from the national report "The Quality and Efficiency in Swedish Health Care - Regional Comparisons"
- Development of Evidence Based Medicine as a research area in co-operation with the School of Health and Medical Scienses, Örebro University.
The centre is both multiprofessional and interdisciplinary and comprises doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, an occupational therapist and administrative personnel, all of whom spend part of their time working at CAMTÖ.
If you would like further information about different activities or if you have any other questions, please contact us!
Did the content help you?
Last updated: Friday, February 26, 2021